Hybrid, also referred to as half breeds or mixed breeds, is the term for an offspring who was descended from two or several different supernatural/non-supernatural species and cultures.
Hybrids are similar to chameleons due to multiple supernatural genetics that were passed down and manifested throughout the previous generations. Unlike chameleons, however, hybrids usually manifest the more dominant supernatural DNA and abilities; the less potent genetics usually manifest as a weaker affinity and power. For this reason, hybrids harbor weaker powers than those born from parents of one species. Their powers first manifest upon adolescence.
Pure blooded species frown upon mixed breeds due to their vision of purity and prejudices against others.
It is common for a hybrid to possess two genetics, but it is not unheard of for one person to possess more at the same time. The latest and rarest manifestation is four genetics.
- Ava Kane - half-shape-shifter/half-witch
- Bell Stephens's son - half-shape-shifter/half-vampire
- Brandon Hart - half-human/part-werewolf/part-fae
- Charles - half-werewolf/half-shape-shifter
- Collin Warren - half-fae/half-human
- Connor Powell - half-vampire/half-warlock
- Derek Lakes - half-fae/half-human
- Dr. Day - half-fae/half-human
- Dr. Whitman - half-fae/half-human
- Hannah Rose James - half-vampire/half-fae
- Helen Jones - half-human/half-fae
- Jessie Whitman - half-shape-shifter/half-fae
- John - half-shape-shifter/half-human
- Lily Chambers - part-human/part-witch/part-vampire/part-shape-shifter
- Ms. Wales - half-human/half-witch
- Sam - half-shape-shifter/half-human
- Trisha - half-vampire/half-fae